The adults who help us in Year 2 are Mrs Gallagher and Mrs Melluish.
They always try to keep us safe and happy.
They encourage us to be good witnesses, make good choices and try to be like our wonderful role model, Jesus Christ.
We think about the question, "What would Jesus do?" to help us with this!
We live our lives through the 5 Ws
In our class we follow the 5 W's and make sure that everyone feels WELCOME.
We share the WORD of God in what we do and what we say.
We protect the WELFARE of our friends by thinking 'what would Jesus do' so that we are all happy at school.
Every day we WORSHIP together in class and in assemblies, sharing our prayers and thoughts with God.
By doing these things we WITNESS the work and life of Jesus in our school every day.
What a great time we've been having learning about Africa this term. So far, we have:
- found out that Africa is a continent
- learnt about the five oceans of the world
- made fact files about the Masai Mara tribe
- created our very own Masai Mara necklaces
- made wonderful sunset safari pictures with a background and animals in the foreground
- linked our Topic to English and written some wonderful 'Ugly Five' riddles and stories
Do you like our work so far?
Our Science Topic is for Spring Term is...
We've been finding out lots about materials this term.
So far, we have:
- named and grouped materials
- observed and recorded which materials could change shape
- investigated which materials could float and sink
- investigated which materials would make the best spoon (this was really yummy)
- investigated which material was waterproof so we could use it for an animal shelter
- investigated which materials were opaque to help Hattie the hedgehog with her curtain problem
- Have a look at some of our wonderful work
We have had such a great time learning about a story from Africa called Zahra (https://www.literacyshed.com/the-other-cultures-shed.html).
We have written the opening to the story and we are so proud of our writing (Mrs Gallagher is super proud too)!
What do you think?
Autumn Term Fun!
What a great time we had during Autumn Term. We learnt all about ourselves in our topic, Marvellous Me and all about animals in our Science unit Animals including Humans. We had P.E. with Mr Vickers and we loved his lessons, especially the ones with balloons! We had our Great Fire of London week as well as a visit from Warburtons and Cheshire Falconry. To finish off our amazing term, we performed our Christmas Concert to help to share the true meaning of Christmas.
Here are just a few of the pictures from Autumn Term!
Our Class Saint is ...
Our Class Author is...
Our Class Artist is...